A few years ago we posted this on our blog. With Sanctity of Life Sunday coming up this week it seems timely to re-post it. Consider this Sunday as “day one” and go from there. May God hear us and answer us!
DAY ONE: Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation. (Ps. 68:5)
- Pray that the church would have compassion on those who are pregnant but are also confused about what to do.
- Pray that the church would have compassion on all those connected with the sin of abortion.
DAY TWO: For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. (Ps. 139:13)
- Pray that God would bring the conviction of the Holy Spirit on those who are promoting abortions.
- Pray that doctors and legislators would see the light that life begins at conception and the unborn need protection from that point.
DAY THREE: Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. (Ps. 127:3)
- Pray that churches would build strong families and marriages to bless and support all the children that God gives them.
DAY FOUR: But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. (Luke 18:16)
- Pray that ministries dedicated to prayer for this issue prosper would flourish, ministries like 40 Days for Life. Consider joining one of their prayer campaigns.
DAY FIVE: Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. (Eph. 6:4)
- Pray for Hand of Hope in Fuquay-Varina and Raleigh, that they would have the wisdom they need to decide how best to serve mothers in our area.
- Pray that they would have the financial resources they need to accomplish their vision.
DAY SIX: For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. (Rom. 13:3-4)
- Pray that our local, state, and federal government would see clearly what is “good” and what is “wrong” on this issue.
DAY SEVEN: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Rom. 12:2)
- Pray about how God might want you to be involved with this issue.
Contact Daniel Baker if you would be willing to (1) help organize or (2) participate in pro-life activities that our church does.