As martial artists, we are training to honor Christ with Excellence. For this reason we also honor each other with respect.
Students are expected follow the rules of etiquette & proper care of your uniform.
- It is good practice and etiquette not to wear your uniform (dobok) outside of the dojang/school.
- Uniforms should not be worn at non-TKD events.
- Uniforms should be cleaned and pressed for tournaments, demonstrations & seminars.
- Respect your belt (rank) and do not toss it onto the floor.
- TKD uniforms should be worn to class with a white t-shirt or shirt that matches your belt color.
- Jewelry is not permitted except a flat wedding band or newly pierced earrings.
- Shoes are not permitted in classes, sparring or testings.
- No gum / candy allowed during class.
- Long hair should be pulled back and kept out of your face.
- Fingernails should be shortly trimmed.
- Open Door Taekwondo follows traditional Taekwondo Customs and Courtesies.
- Class time is for the entire hour. If you have to leave class early, notify the instructor prior to class.
- If you are injured during class, bow out appropriately.
- Bathroom and water breaks are given by permission from the instructor. Children should use the bathroom before class.
- Parents & Students, please do not go in and out of class as it is distracting to students and instructors.
- Weapons are not permitted on site for gup rank students without prior approval from the school master(s).