For 20+ years Operation Christmas Child has sent shoe boxes filled with toys, personal hygiene items, school supplies, and other items to children all over the world. Every shoe box is a gospel opportunity....
More than 100 million children living in difficult circumstances have received shoe boxes!
There are lots of ways to help with Operation Christmas Child
Of course, nothing is more critical to the work of Operation Christmas Child than dedicated prayer support. If you are unable to help with the shoe box collection during drop-off week, but would like to join the team of prayer warriors during National Collection Week, you can sign up at Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child Call to Prayer page.
2. Pack and donate Shoe Boxes
If you and your family would like to donate a shoe box for a boy or girl, you can find detailed instructions and download the shoe box label at How to Pack a Shoe Box. We will collect shoe boxes as a congregation and turn them on Sunday, November 19.
There are numerous items that are no longer acceptable including candy and toothpaste.
3. Volunteer to support Operation Christmas Child as a Relay Center at SGC for local churches and businesses (November 13 - 20):
- Sign up as an individual or home group to serve at SGC.
- Monday - Friday, 4:00-7:00 PM
- Saturday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday, 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Monday, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
4. Sponsor a Shoebox:
- In addition to the Shoe Boxes that you pack at home or at a packing party, we are organizing to pack 110 boxes as a church.
- For $25 you can sponsor a complete, fully packed shoe box! This price includes the $9 shipping fee.
5. Help at the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center:
Every year we take a team to Charlotte to work at the processing center. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old.
- The date is yet to be determined.
- Use the same Volunteer Sign Up Button below to indicate interest.