- Dates: April 12-13
- Cost: $50/person (incluldes lodging, 3 meals, and opportunity to zip-line)
- Location: Camp Agape - View Map or Directions (transportation is not provided).
- Who: High School YOUth (Parents are also invited)
- Arrive: 5:00pm on Friday
We will be staying at the “Retreat House” at Camp Agape. Here is a Camp and Trail Map of Agape. You take the main road into Camp Agape (Tyler Dewar Lane) and then you'll pass the offices on the left and the newer “Woodland Center” on your right. The “Retreat House” is on the next road to the right. (It is represented by the “B” on the Camp Map.
Please download and fill out the following forms and bring with you to the event.
- SGC Waiver Form (fill out, print, sign, and bring with you)
- Camp Agape Participation Form - this is for the 600 foot zip line activity for Saturday. (fill out, print, sign, and bring with you)
What about PARENTS?
As always, parents are always invited to participate in our Youth events. But, parental participation for this retreat is not required. I will need a sufficient number of parents (ladies and men) to sign up to help as chaperones/counselors.
What About FOOD?
We would like some parents to volunteer to prepare the food for the meals, but the church can purchase or reimburse the cost of the food. It would be great to have a few parents volunteer for a each meal assignment.
Friday, April 12
- 5:00 pm - check-in / free time
- 6:30 pm - Supper
- 7:30 pm - Worship / Session 1
- 9:30 pm - Ice Cream / Hang out / board games
- 11:23 pm - Lights Out
Saturday, April 13
- 7:30 am - Breakfast
- 8:30 am - Morning Devotional Time
- 9:00 am - Worship / Session 2
- 10:30 am - break
- 10:45 am - Session 3
- 12:00 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm - games / activities / Zip-line
- 4:00 pm - Session 4 / Final Exhortations
- 5:00 pm - Clean Up
- 5:17 pm - Head for Home
What to Bring:
- Linens for sleeping - either a sleeping bag and pillow or a bed roll (blanket and sheet). Each room has a queen bed and bunk beds
- Bath towel and toiletries. Each room has a private shower.
- Bible, Notebook, Pen - highly recommended that you bring an actual paper and ink bible, not just your iPod or phone.
- SGC Activity Waiver & Agape Camp Activity Waiver - if you plan on riding the 600 foot Zip Line on Saturday afternoon. (print and bring with you)
- A “Philippians 2:1-4” attitude
- Shoes fit for hiking or zip-lining in (not just flip flops)
- Change of clothes (yes, you should wear clean clothes)
- Toothbrush: please brush your teeth
- Board games, card games, etc. for Friday night
- Bug Spray - we are going to be in the woods
- Volleyballs, Basketballs, Frisbees - there is a field where we can play ultimate
- Fishing equipment - there is a pond and a river. NC wildlife laws apply - if you are 16 or older you'll need a fishing license
- musical instruments
- Electronic devices that distract you from the person next to you. (Or, if you bring them, put them away.)