There are lots of ways to help with Operation Christmas Child
Of course, nothing is more critical to the work of Operation Christmas Child than dedicated prayer support. If you are unable to help with the shoebox collection during the drop-off week but would like to join the team of prayer warriors during National Collection Week, you can sign up at Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child Call to Prayer page.
2. Pack and donate Shoe Boxes
If you and your family would like to donate a shoebox for a boy or girl, you can find detailed instructions and download the shoe box label at How to Pack a Shoe Box. We will, as a congregation, collect shoeboxes on Sunday, November 24, but you may bring them earlier.
There are numerous items that are no longer acceptable including candy and toothpaste.
3. Volunteer to Support Operation Christmas Child as a Drop-Off Center at SGC for Local Churches and Businesses (November 18 - 25):
Sign up as an individual or home group to serve at SGC.
|Monday||Nov 18||5:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||Nov19||5:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||Nov 20||5:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||Nove21||5:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||Nov 22||5:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||Nov 23||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||Nov 24||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
|Monday||Nov 25||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
4. Sponsor a Shoebox:
- In addition to the Shoe Boxes that you pack at home or at a packing party, we are organizing to pack boxes as a church.
- For $25 you can sponsor a complete, fully packed shoebox! This price includes the $9 shipping fee.
- There are 86 shoeboxes this year
- 36 boxes for 2-4 year old boys
- 48 boxes for 10-14 year old boys
We will not be participating as a group at the Charlotte Processing Center this year.