This even thas been postponed.
SGC is hosting a day of fun activities for men and boys of all ages, abilities, and interests. Once we have a new date we will let you know.
There will be various planned activities for all MANLY MEN to enjoy. Make sure you sign up using the link below. You do need to sign up, really, and not on the last day.
Airsoft - "As close to war as you can get without enlisting."
Led by Jay Gregus (919.561.3537)
- Extreme Park Adventures (7460 Wake Forest Highway, Durham)
- From 10a - 4p (pack a lunch or buy one at the snack shack)
- Admission $25
- Gun rental $50
- Minimum age 16 (unless accompanied by parent)
Board Games - "nerd sports"
- At Luke Ehresman's home (919.889.9189)
- 6208 Thurlow Court, Holly Springs
- From 11a-5p
- Admission $5 per person/$10 per family for lunch and snacks
- Bring any board game you like to play
- Kids are welcome, but should be old enough to play
- Led by Jim Martin (text 919.624.8685)
- Tobacco Trail (White Oak Church Road Access)
- Meet at 10a (for an approximate 2 hour ride)
- No cost
- Bring your bike, helmet, etc
- For guys 10+ (great father/son activity)
Disc Golf, "also called frisbee golf"
- Led by Jonathan Reeves (910.617.2646)
- Middle Creek Frisbee Golf Course (4052 Optimist Farm Road, Apex)
- From 8:30a - 12p
- Admission free
- Guys 10+ (need to walk 18 holes through varying terrain)
Golf - "a good walk ruined"
Led by Lou Gregus (919.667.6744)
Knight’s Play Golf Center 2512 Ten-Ten Rd, Apex, NC 27539
Begin at 3:00p, end at approximately 7:00 p
Cost $17 to walk & carry your bag, $27 with a cart, practice balls beforehand are extra
Probably going to get food afterwards
Helpful to have your own clubs, but there are some sets available to borrow - contact Lou.
For guys old enough to play par 3 golf at a 3.5 - 4 hour pace
Hiking - "this is the manly men one"
- Led by Matthew Henderson (919-630-0426)
- Grandfather Mountain, NC (the current trail being considered is advanced)
- Leave the church at 6:00a for an all day trip
- Cost - sharing gas expenses
- Bring snacks or lunch
- Guys 10+
- If you have any questions about the difficulty of the hike, please contact Chip Henderson (919.606.7711)
Shooting - "The big bang!"
- Led by Paul Hardy (574.370.0885)
- John Paul Taylor's farm, takes approximately 90 minutes from the church parking lot
- Cost - reimbursement for ammunition
- Bring snacks or lunch
- Guys 10+ with a responsible guardian