Keepers 1st-2nd grade club needs volunteers to help lead the girls through projects so that they can keep earning their merits through the end of the year! We’d love to be able to finish up our year!
Anyone who feels comfortable leading the girls through the instructions can serve (age 15 and older). No CM approval is required. Even if you can’t teach you may know someone who can. We can move dates around as needed. Here’s a list of things we’d like to teach:
- Mar. 15: Baking: Cupcakes
- Mar. 29: Baking: Fruit Cobbler
- Apr. 12: Flowers Merit (planting, deadheading, caring for flowers)
- May 10: Lead EOY activity (finish up flower merit if absent the meeting before)
The Keepers Girls Club needs several leadership positions filled for the upcoming year. These roles must be filled before we can open up registration for these clubs. If you cannot serve the whole year, we can split the role in half but no less (September-January and February-May).
- Leader for the Caring Keepers (grade 1-2) club beginning in January.
Responsibilities for Head Leaders include:
- arrive by 6:45 pm to direct set up for the night
- keep an atmosphere of hospitality and kindness among the girls
- lead Bible discussions
- track the club merits and assignments
- hand out merits at the May award ceremony.
You do not have to be administratively gifted or a crafty person to fill this role! You simply need a desire and passion to see the girls grow in fellowship, hospitality, prayer, and care for one another. Planning and teaching the activity merits is not a part of this role unless you desire to help with that task as well.
The clubs meet twice a month on off-HG nights (Thursdays). The Bible discussions are simple lessons that are already prepared. We try to keep the amount of prep time outside of the club meeting to an hour or less per meeting.
Assistant Leader Role
An assistant leader's role is primarily to help with set up/clean up and to serve as a substitute for the main leader to lead the lessons if they are absent (we primarily need this for the 6th-8th graders but if you're interested in doing this for other clubs let Elizabeth know).
If you are interested in serving or if you have additional questions, please contact Elizabeth Ehresman.