Join us on Friday, April 24 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM and Saturday, April 25 from 8:30 - 11:30 AM for Aiming Arrows: Parenting with Purpose. The two-day seminar will focus on foundations for biblical parenting as well as individual classes geared to parenting age-specific children. Childcare will be provided Friday night only.
7:00 pm — Session
Catching the Vision: A Framework for Parenting from Ephesians 6:4.
- Don’t Provoke Your Children. Ways we can exasperate our children.
- Bring Them Up - Goals for Parenting. Not good behavior but fruitful adulthood;
- In the Discipline of the Lord - Principles of biblical discipline;
- and Instruction of the Lord - The broad areas we need to teach, the goals of this teaching.
8:30 am — Breakouts
- 0-7 years old - John — Foundation Laying
- 8-12 years old - Daniel — The Transition Years
- 13-18 years old - Mike — Age of Opportunity
10:30am — Main Session
Good News for Imperfect Parents.
Parents need good news since parenting can be filled with “bad news.”
- Don’t Be Confused About What the Good News Is. It’s not a perfect child led by a perfect parent. It’s a perfect Savior who offers a Perfect Solution.
- The Good News Informs How I View My Child. Sinners in process, not robots of perfection.
- The Good News We Must Teach. Teach it clearly. Teach it regularly. Teach it even when it’s no longer brand new. It’s what Christians need to hear and then hear again. Conclusion: The final word is “grace.” His grace is sufficient.
Childcare will be available Friday night for those who register.